Organization: International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
Closing date: 21 Nov 2019
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190 member National Societies. The IFRC acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
The IFRC has a decentralized structure: five regional offices (each with several regional and country offices reporting to it) covering the globe and responsible for frontline delivery through National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, backed by the secretariat based in Geneva. The IFRCs secretariat focuses on setting norms, standards and guidance, ensuring consistency, coordination and accountability for performance, knowledge sharing, and influential representation with global level partners. It is organized in three building blocks: Partnerships; Programmes and Operations and Management.
The post is based in the CCST in Jakarta.
- Support PMI and CVTL to continue developing its disaster management including preparedness, risk reduction, disaster response and recovery capabilities, and coordinate all needed external and IFRC resources (APRO) in accordance with PMI strategic plan and other program planning documents/guidelines.
- Analyse the humanitarian situation and gather information with PMI and CVTL and other stakeholders and provide comprehensive information to DRM Delegate and Head of CCST for coordination and decision making.
- Ensure that all RCRC DM activities including support to PMI and CVTL are consistent to maximize impact.
- Closely coordinate with other technical functions in the Programmes team and National Society Development team, to support integrated approached for disaster risk management.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Work with the PMI to analyse country trouble spots and risk mapping and maintain updated information and resources on humanitarian issues and trends
- Monitor disaster information and health surveillance information across Indonesia and Timor Leste
- Support PMI in the implementation of the Papua Flash Flood Emergency Operations and Maluku Earthquake Response in coordination with the Health Manager and Sr. DRM Officer
- Support PMI and CVTL to comply to IFRC DM Standards.
- Organize and provide technical input for capacity building trainings with PMI and CVTL
- Support the development of new and innovative approaches in disaster preparedness, response, and risk reduction by maintaining an oversight of new humanitarian programming developments.
- In the event of disaster, support PMI and CVTL assessment, planning, implementation and coordination of emergency operation.
- In preparedness, support the development of Pro Forma Disaster Response Emergency Fund applications with CVTL.
- Together with DRM Senior Officer and DRM Delegate, support small and medium scale disaster include Maluku Earthquake Response and Papua Flash Floods.
- Support the provision of regular, accurate and timely narrative and financial reports for the Federation and for donors in accordance with the Federation guidelines.
- Support the integration of Information Management into the DM system in coordination with the IM Senior Officer.
- Be ready for national deployments, field missions and programme support visits within Indonesia and internationally to CVTL.
- Min. Bachelor Degree
- Previous working with one of the International RC/RC Movement component
- Minimum 4 Years of work experience in similar position
- Experience of writing narrative and financial report are preferred
- Experience of planning and managing budget
- Experience of risk mapping, Vulnerability & Capacity Assessment on a local level are preferred
- Knowledge of disaster, disaster management/risk reduction and disaster prevention and mitigation program.
- Understanding and skills in relation to facilitating institutional development and organizational change.
- Understanding of complex emergency situations and good understanding of districts and provinces of Indonesia
- Strong sense of responsibility and control
- Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet.
- Valid driving license (manual gear) are preferred
- Presentation skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Excellent English skills written and verbal.
How to apply:
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: I**ndonesia.HRD@ifrc.org**
Please indicate on the subject heading: Disaster Risk Management Officer